حياتي احلى
abstract and concrete nouns I104683_22
حياتي احلى
abstract and concrete nouns I104683_22
حياتي احلى
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

سبحان الله وبحمده .. سبحان الله العظيم

الرئيسيةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول
دخول
اسم العضو:
كلمة السر:
ادخلني بشكل آلي عند زيارتي مرة اخرى: 
:: لقد نسيت كلمة السر
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 2 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 2 زائر :: 1 روبوت الفهرسة في محركات البحث

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 44 بتاريخ الإثنين أغسطس 14, 2023 10:10 pm
تصويت
هل ترحب بافتتاح مدونة يوميات
نعم جدا
abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_rcap44%abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_lcap
 44% [ 15 ]
نعم لا بأس
abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_rcap32%abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_lcap
 32% [ 11 ]
لا ابالي
abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_rcap21%abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_lcap
 21% [ 7 ]
بدونها افضل
abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_rcap3%abstract and concrete nouns I_vote_lcap
 3% [ 1 ]
مجموع عدد الأصوات : 34
المواضيع الأخيرة
»  لماذا أصلي
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالأربعاء أبريل 17, 2013 3:46 pm من طرف admin

» عباءة يلزمها عباءة
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالأربعاء أبريل 17, 2013 3:45 pm من طرف admin

» ين الشاكرون
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالثلاثاء أبريل 16, 2013 3:33 am من طرف قلم مسافر

»  قصة رجل صالح
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالخميس أبريل 04, 2013 11:46 pm من طرف admin

» شهادة إمرأة
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالخميس أبريل 04, 2013 11:45 pm من طرف admin

» Non-Verbal Cues & Signals
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالثلاثاء ديسمبر 25, 2012 2:41 pm من طرف اشراقة الفجر

» نصائح ‏لتصبح‏ ‏أكثر‏ ‏ذكاء‏ ‏وتميزا
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 19, 2012 1:32 pm من طرف اشراقة الفجر

» Good morning
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 19, 2012 1:26 pm من طرف اشراقة الفجر

» تربية القادة لا تربية العبيد
abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالأربعاء سبتمبر 19, 2012 1:08 pm من طرف محبوبة الشرق

ازرار التصفُّح
 البوابة
 الصفحة الرئيسية
 قائمة الاعضاء
 البيانات الشخصية
 س .و .ج
 ابحـث
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
Time

abstract and concrete nouns

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
هداية
عضو ذهبي
عضو ذهبي
هداية

عدد الرسائل : 766
الموقع : السعودية
هوايتي : abstract and concrete nouns Readin10
اعلام الدول : abstract and concrete nouns Saudi_aC
السٌّمعَة : 0
نقاط : 1279
تاريخ التسجيل : 16/11/2008

abstract and concrete nouns Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: abstract and concrete nouns   abstract and concrete nouns Emptyالسبت يونيو 04, 2011 1:24 am

An abstract noun is a type of noun that refers to something a person cannot physically interact with. A noun is a person, place or thing. However, in many cases, the 'thing' might be an intangible concept – which means it is an abstract form of noun. In this instance, abstract means to exist apart from concrete existence. A noun that is abstract is an aspect, concept, idea, experience, state of being, trait, quality, feeling, or other entity that cannot be experienced with the five senses.

Recognizing When a Noun is Abstract

Concrete nouns are people, places, or things that we d experience do with our five senses. The abstract class is the opposite - we can never experience these nouns according to our senses. If a noun describes something you can see, hear, touch, taste, or smell, it is not abstract.
Sometimes it can be difficult to recognize when the noun is abstract because there are a number of words that can function in different ways. For example, some words might function as verbs in some cases and abstract nouns in other cases. Check to see whether the word in question is expressing action in some way or if it is a functioning as a 'thing.' Love and taste are two such examples.

• I love my husband. [In this sentence, the word love expresses an action and is therefore acting as a verb.]
  • Send them my love. [In this sentence, the word love functions as an abstract noun because it is a thing that exists beyond the five senses.]
  • Sarah could taste cilantro in the salsa. [In this sentence, the auxiliary verb 'could' functions with taste to illustrate action. She can physically taste the salsa.]
  • Sarah has great taste in clothes. [In this sentence, taste functions in an abstract manner. Taste refers to her preferences.]

Abstract nouns can be countable or non-countable (mass). They can also be in singular or possessive form. These nouns follow the same grammar rules as other nouns.

Common Abstract Nouns

Emotions/Feelings

• Love
  • Hate
  • Anger
  • Peace
  • Pride
  • Sympathy

States/Attributes

• Bravery
  • Loyalty
  • Honesty
  • Integrity
  • Compassion
  • Charity
  • Success
  • Courage
  • Deceit
  • Skill
  • Beauty
  • Brilliance
  • Pain
  • Misery

Ideas/Concepts/Ideals

• Beliefs
  • Dreams
  • Justice
  • Truth
  • Faith
  • Liberty
  • Knowledge
  • Thought
  • Information
  • Culture
  • Trust
  • Dedication

Movements/Events

• Progress
  • Education
  • Hospitality
  • Leisure
  • Trouble
  • Friendships
  • Relaxation

Abstract forms of nouns are very common and an important part of communication. In many cases these types of nouns are derived from an addition of a suffix or alteration in the root word. Child is a concrete noun, for example, but childhood is an intangible state, so it is abstract. Nouns with the following suffixes are often abstract:

• -tion
  • -ism
  • -ity
  • -ment
  • -ness
  • -ship
  • -ability
  • -acy

Using Abstract vs. Concrete Nouns in Writing

Abstraction is an important part of communication. These nouns name things that can't be seen, heard, tasted, smelled or touched, but allow us to express information by defining them on some level. An important precaution for students and writers, however, is that there is the danger of the being misunderstood when using abstract forms in writing.
Words like love, freedom, beauty, taste, and justice, might mean different things to different people. To one person, good taste means eclectic and original; to another good taste might mean clean and modern. Teachers and writing coaches often recommend using concrete nouns to support any abstract references, thereby clarifying the message you are trying to convey. Understanding and recognizing abstract nouns is important. Although these nouns give expression to intangible entities, sentences with fewer abstract and more concrete nouns are typically more concise and clear.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

abstract and concrete nouns
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Certain suffixes are clues to nouns.

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
حياتي احلى :: التربية والتعليم :: English for you-
انتقل الى: